Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
Department: Health Occupations
St. Charles Community College Health Occupations Program offers a phlebotomy course for students interested in entry-level positions as phlebotomists. Students receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Dates: Sept. 16 - Dec. 13
- Online Class: Sept. 16 - Dec. 11
- On-Campus Lab Days: Wednesdays, Sept. 18, 25, Oct. 2, 16, 23, Nov. 6, Dec. 4, and 11, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Clinical Internship: Oct. 28 - Dec. 13, hours vary
Registration Deadline: Sept. 9
Tuition: $560 (class), $210 (clinical internship)
Book: "Phlebotomy Worktext and Procedures Manual," 4th Edition (ISBN-13 9780323279406)
This course prepares students for entry-level positions as phlebotomists in hospitals, clinical labs and physician offices. With practical experience obtained at a clinical partner facility, students learn to draw blood using various techniques in micro-collection and gain experience in specimen collection, transport, reporting and recording of patient data. There are 120 clinical hours required in addition to the online coursework and mandatory lab days.
NOTE: While the college does not offer the national certification exam on campus, our curriculum prepares anyone to sit for the exam.
Classroom Instruction/Mandatory Lab
The classroom instruction for this course will include online work (done at home on your personal computer) and mandatory on-campus lab days (see dates above). Students will be required to complete weekly coursework and assignments via Canvas (St. Charles Community College's instructional website) and be present and participate in labs held at the Nursing & Allied Health Center.
Registration is done in the Nursing & Allied Health Office (#1 Academy Place, Dardenne Prairie, MO 63368). Summer office hours are from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday. Friday hours vary, please call to confirm.
Please bring the following items when you come in to register (click the links below for more information)–
Copyof high school diploma or GED/HiSET certificate.
- Copy of results from your Family Care Safety Registry Background Screening
- Copy of 1st step of 2-Step TB Test (please click link to read specific instructions)
Typically schedules are full shifts (6-8 hours) between 6 a.m.-6 p.m. (some limited evening and weekend
The 120 clinical hours provide students the means to accomplish the required
Prior to beginning their clinical hours, students will be required to complete and pass a urine drug screening (done at a facility designated by SCC) and provide the additional required immunizations and paperwork.
Registration is done in the Nursing & Allied Health Office (#1 Academy Place, Dardenne Prairie, MO 63368) Office hours are 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday. Hours may vary, please call to confirm.
Please bring the following items when you come in to register –
- Copy of 2nd step of 2-step TB test (please click link to read specific instructions)
- Copy of MMR Vaccine
- Copy of Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Copy of seasonal 2018/2019 flu vaccine (usually available beginning in October)
This is a non-credit, certificate course. Tuition is due at time of registration and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
In the state of Missouri, phlebotomists earn a mean average of $31,630 per year.
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, earnings increase significantly as a worker’s degree of education rises.
Related Majors, Degrees & Certificates
- Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
- Certified Medication Technician
- Certified Medication Technician Challenge Exam
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Certified Nurse Assistant - Accelerated Program
- Certified Nurse Assistant Challenge Exam
- Clinical Supervisor
- Emergency Medical Science A.A.S.
- Exercise Science A.S.
- Health Information Management A.S.
- IV Therapy
- Level 1 Medication Aide - Biennial update
- Level 1 Medication Aide Train the Trainer Workshop
- Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Nursing A.S.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant A.A.S.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Practical Nursing C.A.
- Pre-Pharmacy A.S.
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing with Applied PCS
- Registered Nurse First Assistant