Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
The SCC Honors Program provides enriching and challenging academic experiences and dynamic learning opportunities for our high-achieving students. We promote diverse, interdisciplinary learning and seek to foster a community of life-long learners who motivate, support, and serve each other, our campus, and our community.
We can’t wait to see what you’ll accomplish.
You want to stand out from your peers. You love learning. You strive to flourish and to excel in everything you do. At SCC, we value this kind of spirit, and we want to help it pay off.
The SCC Honors Program presents an opportunity to explore unique course topics and deepen your understanding of the subjects that interest you. Through the Honors Program, you’ll hone your skills as a student and develop long-lasting relationships with other motivated students.
Honors Program benefits:
- Participation in interdisciplinary coursework.
- Access to early registration.
- Mentorship and academic guidance from an Honors Council member.
- Invitations to special events throughout the semester.
- Honors recognition on your transcript and at graduation.
And perhaps most importantly:
Receiving an Honors certificate looks great on your résumé and puts you in a good position to earn transfer scholarships and gain admission into Honors programs at four-year schools.
The SCC Honors Program develops:
- Critical Thinking – Learn to skillfully analyze information.
- Interdisciplinary Learning – Discover connections between academic disciplines.
- Independent Research – Learn to conduct independent research on topics that are meaningful to you.
- Civic Engagement – Develop a range of skills that will help you reflect upon and contribute to your community.
How to apply:
An interview is required for all candidates.
We encourage all high-achieving high school and college students to apply to the SCC Honors Program. Here’s what you do:
Step 1: Fill out and submit an application sheet.
Step 2: Submit two letters of recommendation from your current or former teachers.
Step 3: Submit two writing samples written for high school or college classes.
Step 4: Attend an interview for admission to the program.