Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Patient Care Technician
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
Patient Care Technician
Department: Health Occupations
Patient Care Technicians (PCTs) work alongside nurses, physicians, and other healthcare professionals to provide direct patient care in a hospital setting. Students are trained to perform clinical skills such as monitoring and recording vital signs, assisting with mobility and activities of daily living, basic respiratory care, obtaining specimens, heat and cold applications, pre- and post-operative care and other tasks related to direct patient care.
SSM Health is seeking qualified individuals who want to attend training to work as a full-time Clinical Partner. This 6-week accelerated training program combines classroom instruction with clinical training. the training satisfies the requirements of the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services for Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (UAP).
Upon completion of the course, individuals will sit for the Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) challenge exam.
Interested individuals should plan on attending the Information Session. Additional information on the program and hiring process will be discussed at that time. For questions, email the Allied Health Advising Team at email@example.com.
Information Session: Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2019, 3:00 - 5:00pm (1 Academy Place, Dardenne Prairie, MO 63368) - register at https://pctrecruiting.eventbrite.com.
New Employee Welcome: Monday, Dec. 30, 2019 (SSM Health facility)
Class & Clinical Training Dates: Jan. 6 - Feb. 13, 2019 (St. Joseph Hospital - Lake St. Louis ministry)
- Must be 18 years of age
- High school diploma or high school equivalent
- SSM Health has a nicotine-free policy. Must be tobacco free for the past 6 months.
- Qualified individuals that are selected for the program will be hired by SSM Health as a Full Time Clinical Partner I
- Training program tuition is included. The starting wage for the Clinical Partner I is $12.00 per hour
- Upon successful completion of the PCT program, the wage will increase to the Clinical Partner II rate of $12.26 per hour
- Complete all applications and intake steps
- Interview with SSM Health
- Register with the Missouri Family Care Safety Registry
- Pass a criminal background check, drug screen panel, and physical exam with documented proof of immunizations or titers
Related Majors, Degrees & Certificates
- Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
- Certified Medication Technician
- Certified Medication Technician Challenge Exam
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Certified Nurse Assistant - Accelerated Program
- Certified Nurse Assistant Challenge Exam
- Clinical Supervisor
- Emergency Medical Science A.A.S.
- Exercise Science A.S.
- Health Information Management A.S.
- IV Therapy
- Level 1 Medication Aide - Biennial update
- Level 1 Medication Aide Train the Trainer Workshop
- Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Nursing A.S.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant A.A.S.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Practical Nursing C.A.
- Pre-Pharmacy A.S.
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing with Applied PCS
- Registered Nurse First Assistant