Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Patient Care Technician
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
Patient Care Technician
Department: Health Occupations
Patient Care Technicians (PCTs) work alongside nurses, physicians, and other healthcare professionals to provide direct patient care in a hospital setting. Students are trained to perform clinical skills such as monitoring and recording vital signs, assisting with mobility and activities of daily living, basic respiratory care, obtaining specimens, heat and cold applications, pre- and post-operative care and other tasks related to direct patient care.
SSM Health is seeking qualified individuals interested in pursuing a career in healthcare. If selected, students will be hired on at SSM Health Ministries in a part-time, benefit eligible role. Once students have successfully completed the program, they will transition to a full-time, benefit-eligible PCT position. This 6-week, accelerated training program combines classroom instruction with clinical training. The training satisfies the requirements of the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services for Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (UAP).
If you are interested in this program, please watch the online information session below and complete the Career Interest form, located via link below the video. Students selected to participate in this program understand the following:
- SSM Health is paying for the cost of tuition associated with this program
- Students are committing to 24 months of benefit-eligible employment in the SSM Health Ministries
- Students are hired on in a part-time PCT role and will transition to a full-time PCT role after successful completion of the program.
This course will be delivered in a hybrid format. The lecture portion will be online, lab time will be on the SCC - Dardenne Creek Campus, and clinical hours will be at SSM Health Centers.
To receive additional information and sign up for the interview prep, please complete the attached form.
For questions, email Jennifer Lansdowne.
Online Information Session: Available Now (see video above)
Apply to the college: https://www.stchas.edu/admissions/apply
Interview Prep via Skype: Tuesday, July 14, 1 - 3 pm (must be pre-registered)
Candidate Interviews: Monday, July 20 - Wednesday, July 22 (by appointment)
New Employee Welcome: Monday, August 17, 2020
Class, Lab, & Clinical Training Dates: Tuesday, August 18 - Friday, September 25, 2020
- Must be 18 years of age
- High school diploma or high school equivalent
- Must apply to St. Charles Community College
- SSM Health has a nicotine-free policy. Must be tobacco free for the past 6 months.
- Qualified individuals that are selected for the program will be hired by SSM Health in a part-time PCT role; after successful completion of the program, students will transition to a full-time PCT role.
- The cost of tuition for this training program is covered by SSM Health.
- The starting wage for the PCT is $12.00 per hour. Upon successful completion of the PCT program, the wage will increase to the rate of $12.26 per hour.
- Students will commit to 24 months of benefit-eligible employment within the SSM Health Ministries.
- Complete all applications and intake steps
- Interview with SSM Health
- Register with the Missouri Family Care Safety Registry
- Pass a criminal background check, drug screen panel, and physical exam with documented proof of immunizations or titers
Related Majors, Degrees & Certificates
- Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
- Certified Medication Technician
- Certified Medication Technician Challenge Exam
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Certified Nurse Assistant - Accelerated Program
- Certified Nurse Assistant Challenge Exam
- Clinical Supervisor
- Emergency Medical Science A.A.S.
- Exercise Science A.S.
- Health Information Management A.S.
- IV Therapy
- Level 1 Medication Aide - Biennial update
- Level 1 Medication Aide Train the Trainer Workshop
- Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Nursing A.S.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant A.A.S.
- Online Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Practical Nursing C.A.
- Pre-Pharmacy A.S.
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing with Applied PCS
- Registered Nurse First Assistant