Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR
Department: Health Occupations
SCC Pathways are designed to help you create an educational plan with relevant and relatable courses to fill your schedule. Click below to access a map.
The Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR program is a completely online, self-paced program that will prepare students for national certification and also for employment in this rapidly growing healthcare field.
This program is designed to prepare students to earn the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) and Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) credentials after graduation. The interractive online curriculum includes over 200 hours of training on the industry-standard exEMRx EHR software to ensure students are prepared for the workforce. Students also learn Microsoft Office basics, healthcare documentation and reimbursement, and medical office management topics such as practice finances and standard office procedures. In addition to one-on-one support from experienced instructors throughout the course and access to personalized graduate support after graduation, students receive twelve textbooks.
The program includes six months of online access from the date of activation and students can register anytime. With the average completion hours of 200, most students are able to complete the program in three or four months of part-time study (approximately 15-20 hours per week).
Upon completion of the program the student will be given vouchers to take the CMAA (offered through the National Healthcareer Association) AND the CEHRS (offered through the National Healthcareer Association) national certification exams. National certification is issued by third-party organizations and industry governing bodies. Additional information on these certifications can be found by contacting these agencies. The certification exams are not offered through St. Charles Community College.
Additional information on this program can be found at https://www.careerstep.com/lp/partner/ap/stcharles/.
Note: All coursework must be completed within six months of registration. The online course is an integrated curriculum designed for use in a six-month independent study program. Students should anticipate spending 10-15 hours per week on the curriculum to complete the program in the six months given.
- A high speed or broadband Internet Service Provider (ISP) and active email account are required for utilization of the online course. The choice of provider and expense are the responsibility of the student.
- A personal computer (PC) is required for the program with a Microsoft Windows or Mac OS X operating system. It must also include the following specifications:
- Hardware: sound card, speakers, USB port. Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher).
Tuition and Schedule
A 200-hour comprehensive online curriculum designed to prepare students for the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant Exam through NHA. Train on Microsoft Office Suite and gain the knowledge and skills necessary to move successfully into the workforce. Upon completion of the coursework, students will be provided with vouchers to take the CMAA and CEHRS certification exams. Work must be completed within six months.
- Section 40: Online 24 hours/day.
- Tuition: $3,199
Tuition is due at time of registration. Financial aid/assistance cannot be utilized for this course.
- In-person (1 Academy Place, Dardenne Prairie, MO 63368) - office hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Through email (email@example.com)
- Through fax (636-922-8478)
This is a non-credit, certificate course. Tuition is due at time of registration and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Related Pathways, Degrees & Certificates
- Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
- Certified Medication Technician
- Certified Medication Technician Challenge Exam
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Certified Nurse Assistant - Accelerated Program
- Clinical Supervisor
- Dental Assisting
- Exercise Science A.S.
- Health Information Management A.S.
- IV Therapy
- Level 1 Medication Aide - Biennial update
- Level 1 Medication Aide Train the Trainer Workshop
- Nursing A.S.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant A.A.S.
- Online Pharmacy Technician
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Practical Nursing C.A.
- Pre-Pharmacy A.S.
- Registered Nurse First Assistant
Hours may vary during summer – please call to confirm.