Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Certified Nurse Assistant - Accelerated Program
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
Certified Nurse Assistant - Accelerated Program
Department: Health Occupations
Tuition: $900 (in-person), $950 (online)
Check back next year for summer 2022 classes!
Book: Hartman's Nursing Assistant Care: Long-Term Care, 4th Edition (ISBN #978-1604250749) AND Workbook for Hartman's Nursing Assistant Care: Long-Term Care, 4th Edition (Both are available at the SCC Campus Bookstore along with other book sellers, including Amazon.)
This program, approved by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS), provides the instruction and on-the-job training required to become a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) in the state of Missouri. The program teaches basic nursing skills, resident rights, safety, communication techniques and infection control. CNA's are eligible for employment in nursing homes, hospitals, home care agencies and doctor’s offices.
There are three different components that make up the CNA Program and St. Charles Community College offers two of them: classroom instruction and clinical internship. The state certification exam is coordinated and proctored through an outside agency. Students must complete all three components in order to be certified in the state of Missouri.
Individuals MUST be at least 18 years of age to qualify for this course.
For additional information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions Web page.
The classroom instruction provides the 75 hours of preparation required by DHSS. Students will attend class twice a week. ATTENDANCE IN ALL CLASSES IS MANDATORY. Because of the accelerated nature of this course, no absences will be permitted. Failure to attend class may result in failure of the program.
The clinical internship provides the 100 hours of on-the-job training required for CNA certification in the state of Missouri. Students will be placed at one of our clinical partner facilities to complete these hours and will be required to be at the clinical site twice a week. Students will be able to choose either a morning clinical shift (7 a.m.-3 p.m.) or an evening clinical shift (3-11 p.m.). ATTENDANCE ON ALL CLINICAL DAYS IS MANDATORY. Because of the accelerated nature of this course, no absences will be permitted. Failure to attend a clinical session may result in failure of the program.
Prior to beginning their clinical hours, students will be required to complete and pass a urine drug screening (done at a facility designated by SCC). Information and required paperwork will be provided to the student during the registration process.
The state certification exam is completed through a third-party vendor. Information on how to register and pay for this exam will be provided in class.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have acceptable background screening from the Missouri Family Care Safety Registry (https://health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr/) (no older than 90 days at time of registration)
- Must have be free from TB and provide documentation of negative 2-step TB tests (no older than one year)
- Must apply to St. Charles Community College: https://www.stchas.edu/admissions/apply
Complete before registration:
- College Application: all students must apply to St. Charles Community College prior to registering for class. Please complete and submit the application here: https://www.stchas.edu/admissions/apply
Provide the following at time of registration (bring copies with you for in-person registration or send as attachments for email registrations):
- Registration Form (you can download the form here if you would like to register via email).
- Acceptable background screening results from the Family Care Safety Registry (https://health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr/) (no older than 90 days at time of registration)
- Results from 2-step TB Test (no older than one year)
Registration can be done:
- In-person (1 Academy Place, Dardenne Prairie, MO 63368) - office hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Through email (email@example.com)
Tuition will be due within one business day of your registration being processed. Individualized information will be communicated during the enrollment process.
In the state of Missouri, nursing assistants earn a mean average of $25,360 per year.
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, earnings increase significantly as a worker’s degree of education rises.
Related Pathways, Degrees & Certificates
- Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
- Clinical Supervisor
- Dental Assisting
- Emergency Medical Science A.A.S.
- Exercise Science A.S.
- Health Information Management A.S.
- IV Therapy
- Level 1 Medication Aide - Biennial update
- Level 1 Medication Aide Train the Trainer Workshop
- Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Nursing A.S.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant A.A.S.
- Online Pharmacy Technician
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Practical Nursing C.A.
- Pre-Pharmacy A.S.
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing with Applied PCS
- Registered Nurse First Assistant