Dates: Wednesdays, Sept. 15 - Nov. 17, 8am - 3pm
Registration Deadline: Sept. 7 (unless class fills before that date)
Book: Provided in class
The classroom instruction provides the 65 contact hours required for students to be eligible for certification as a CMT in the state of Missouri. Students must score at least an 80% on all classroom tests to pass this portion of the program.
The final exam is administered to students who have successfully completed the CMT classroom instruction and clinical requirements. The exam consists of a written and practicum (clinical) exam. Students must score at least an 80% on the written exam to move onto the practicum portion. Students must score 100% on the practicum portion or qualify for certification.
The exam may be taken up to two times in a 90-day period following the completion of the classroom instruction. An additional $125 fee will be assessed for each retest.
- High School or GED/HiSET graduate
- CNA with at least 6 months of work experience in the field
- Employed in an intermediate or skilled nursing facility that is authorized and willing to provide supervision for the clinical hours. A letter of recommendation is required. You can download the document here.
Complete before registration:
- College Application: all students must apply to St. Charles Community College prior to registering for class. Please complete and submit the application here: https://www.stchas.edu/admissions/apply
Provide the following at time of registration (bring copies with you for in-person registration or send as attachments for email registrations):
- Registration Form (you can download the form here if you would like to register via email).
- Letter of Recommendation: must be completed by the Director or Nursing or an Administrator from your employing facility. You can download the document here or email the Health Occupations Program Coordinator for a copy.
- Copy of high school diploma or GED/HiSET certificate.
- Copy of CNA certificate.
Registration can be done:
- In-person (1 Academy Place, Dardenne Prairie, MO 63368) - office hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Through email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tuition will be due within one business day of your registration being processed. Individualized information will be communicated during the enrollment process.