Application and Admission Requirements
- Apply to St. Charles Community College and complete assessment test (when applicable) in the Student Center, room 133 (SC133).
- Submit official transcripts from any previously attended institution to Enrollment Services (ADM 1204).
- Complete ENG 096, MAT 096, developmental reading, and/or ESL courses (when applicable).
- Complete ENG 101 and CPT 103 with a "C" or better.
- Students must have a 2.5 GPA on college-level coursework
To apply for program admission, meet with an Allied Health Counselor. To set up an appointment or inquire about the program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Relevant Program Information
- The Associate of Science in Health Information Management program is primarily online; however, students will participate in occasional on-campus meetings and orientations.
- Students must complete a background check and drug screen. Findings may affect admission to the program.
- MAT 098 is a prerequisite for HIM 241. Students must earn a "C" or better to enter this course.
- Students are required to complete two Professional Practicum Experiences (PPEs) on-site (locations will vary).
- The first PPE is approximately 40 hours over the course of a semester.
- The second PPE is approximately 140 hours over the course of a semester.
- Required science courses must be taken within 5 years of program entry, and the grades must be "Cs" or better.
The HIM program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
CAHIIM c/o AHIMA
233 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 2150
Chicago, Illinois, 60601-5800
Student Success Testimonials
St. Charles Community College has a great reputation with leading industry partners. Our graduates are sought for their scope of knowledge, professionalism, and passion for the field. Check out some student success stories to find out how the program prepares students for their future in health care.
HIM Student Success Stories
2018 Health Information Management Program Handbook
For additional information, please take a look at the program handbook.