- Apply to SCC if not a current student.
- Submit official transcripts for any previously attended college or university to the Enrollment Services office.
- If no college credit for English or Math, complete the Assessment Test given in the Assessment Center, Student Center, Room 133, or present ACT scores that are no more than 2 years old.
- If minimum assessment test scores are not met, students will be required to complete ENG 096, MAT 096, and any required developmental reading or ESL courses prior to admission and strongly urged to complete MAT 098, beginning algebra prior to admission. MAT 098 must be completed prior to the last semester of the program.
- Students are required to complete ENG 101 and CPT 103 with grades of "C" or higher before applying to the program.
- Students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA with a least 6 college credit hours.
- Once all admission requirements are met, meet with an Allied Health Academic Counselor who will assist you with completing an application to the Health Information Management program (no appointment needed, but call for availability at 636-922-8241). Questions related to admission requirements can be directed to email@example.com .
After completing the requirements above, you will be notified if you have been accepted into the program and when you may register for Health Information Management classes.
Note: All science courses taken for this program must be taken within 5 years of entry to the program. All grades in biology courses must be "C" or better.
The HIM program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
CAHIIM c/o AHIMA
233 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 2150
Chicago, Illinois, 60601-5800
After successfully completing the two-year HIM program, graduates are eligible to write the national exam leading to accreditation as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).