Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Registered Nurse First Assistant
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
Registered Nurse First Assistant
Department: Practical Nursing
Fall Class: Oct. 12, 13, & 14 AND Nov. 2, 3, & 4 (students must attend all six days) - SPOTS STILL AVAILABLE!
Spring Class: February 22, 23, & 24 AND March 14, 15, & 16 (students must attend all six days)
Contact the Health Occupations office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 636-922-8284 for an application packet.
This AORN-approved class follows the core curriculum for the RN First Assistant. Six credit hours are awarded upon completion of the course. Three credits are earned through classroom/theory presentation and an additional three hours through an approved internship program. Additional information regarding the scope of practice for the RNFA and the AORN Position Statement on RNFAs is available at www.AORN.org.
Copyof current RN license valid through the end of the program. Copyof a current BLS or ACLS card valid through the end of the program. Copyof CNOR certificate (CNOR exam must be completed prior to the end of the program) OR APRN (proof of recognition must be submitted prior to the end of the program).
- Signed letter (on employing hospital’s letterhead) documenting two years of peri-operative experience. The letter must include a signature of immediate supervisor or the institution’s director of human resources.
- Signed letter of support from surgeon preceptor (on surgeon’s letterhead) who will provide a minimum of 100 hours of supervised clinical practicum as required by the course objectives.
- Successful completion of the classroom/didactic objectives including the final written exam.
- Successful completion of the clinical objectives including documentation of clinical procedures and activities.
Note: Students who do not complete all of the course requirements for the clinical by the specific deadline listed on the course paperwork will be issued a grade of “F”.
This is a certification course. Tuition and fees are due at time of registration and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Related Majors, Degrees & Certificates
- Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
- Certified Medication Technician
- Certified Medication Technician Challenge Exam
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Certified Nurse Assistant - Accelerated Program
- Certified Nurse Assistant Challenge Exam
- Clinical Supervisor
- Emergency Medical Science A.A.S.
- Exercise Science A.S.
- Health Information Management A.S.
- IV Therapy
- Level 1 Medication Aide - Biennial update
- Level 1 Medication Aide Train the Trainer Workshop
- Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Nursing A.S.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant A.A.S.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Practical Nursing C.A.
- Pre-Pharmacy A.S.
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing with Applied PCS
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Hours may vary during summer – please call to confirm.