Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
Department: Health Occupations
This online self-paced course is designed to prepare the RN or LPN to supervise Nurse Assistant students during their 100 hours of on-the-job training in a licensed long term care facility.
Students can register at any time and the program includes 24/7 online access. The content is integrated into an interactive learning experience which includes automatic grading, virtual interaction with the instructor and electronic tracking of grades. Students have one week to complete this course. Most students average 5-6 hours to finish all required coursework.
Upon successful completion of the program, the student will be placed on the Missouri Registry and receive a certificate of completion from St. Charles Community College.
Subjects covered include:
- Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services regulations for Nurse Assistant Training.
- Appropriate techniques to facilitate the learning process in adult learners.
- Standards of performance evaluation utilizing the required curriculum.
- Techniques for time management.
- Assessing student needs while supervising the clinical experience.
- The impact of training on quality of care in the LTC resident.
Please call 636-922-8284 or email email@example.com for a course specific registration form.
- Current unrestricted Missouri LPN or RN licensure or possession of a temporary permit to practice as an RN or LPN in Missouri or employee of a federal facility located in Missouri who possesses a current license as an LPN or RN in another state.
- At least one year of experience in Long Term Care (LTC) if not currently employed in a LTC facility. Please call 636-922-8215 to verify eligibility or provide appropriate documentation.
- Access to a reliable computer and Internet Service Provider (ISP). The choice of computer and ISP, and any related expenses, are the responsibility of the student.
- Active email account that can be accessed throughout the program.
Clinical partner facility employees: Free
All other individuals: $100 (For information on becoming a clinical partner facility, please contact the Health Occupations Program Coordinator at 636-922-8284)
This is a non-credit, certificate course. Tuition and fees are due at time of registration and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Related Majors, Degrees & Certificates
- Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
- Certified Medication Technician
- Certified Medication Technician Challenge Exam
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Certified Nurse Assistant - Accelerated Program
- Certified Nurse Assistant Challenge Exam
- Emergency Medical Science A.A.S.
- Exercise Science A.S.
- Health Information Management A.S.
- IV Therapy
- Level 1 Medication Aide - Biennial update
- Level 1 Medication Aide Train the Trainer Workshop
- Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Nursing A.S.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant A.A.S.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Practical Nursing C.A.
- Pre-Pharmacy A.S.
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing with Applied PCS
- Registered Nurse First Assistant