Application and Admission Requirements
- Apply to St. Charles Community College and complete the writing assessment (when applicable) in the Student Center, room 133 (SC133).
- Submit official transcripts from any previously attended institution to Enrollment Services (ADM 1204).
- Complete ENG 096, developmental reading, and/or ESL courses (when applicable).
- Complete ENG 101 with a "C" or better by the end of the first-semester coursework.
- Students are encouraged to complete ENG 101 prior to beginning the Medical Billing & Coding certificate
To apply for program admission, meet with an Allied Health Counselor. To set up an appointment or inquire about the program, email email@example.com.
Relevant Program Information
- The Medical Billing & Coding certificate is primarily online; however, students will participate in occasional on-campus meetings and orientations.
- Students are required to complete an 8-week clinical and a CCA Review during their final semester.
- To obtain the Associate of Science (A.S.) in Health Information Management (HIM) degree, students must complete an additional 40 credit hours of general education and HIM coursework.
- All certificate courses are transferrable to the A.S. in HIM degree program with the exception of HIM 251 and HIM 252.