Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Job Search Information
Ask for Help
Due to concerns around COVID-19, SCC Career Services is working remotely. You can access our services by calling 636-922-8244 or emailing email@example.com. A Career Counselor is available to help you Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Friday 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Limited in-person appointments will be available for the fall 2020 semester.
Finding a job was never so easy.
Whether you need a job while you are hitting the books or you've reached your academic goals and are ready for that perfect job, the team in SCC's Career Services office is ready to help!
Check out our helpful booklet Landing a Job for tips and techniques to land your next job!
Looking for an internship? Virtual Internship Opportunities exist, but you just need to know how to find them.
Begin and end your job search with College Central Network.
St. Charles Community College partners with College Central Network, Inc. (CCN), an online job and resume board. Register (for free!) at www.collegecentral.com/stchas.
CCN contains valuable, short job search videos for your viewing. Examples of topics include:
- Resume Bullet Points: Things You Should Know
- Tips for Job Hunting
- Interview Advice: Thank You!
- Tips to Keep Your Resume Out of the Trash
- Cover Letter: Right Way; Wrong Way
The SCC Job Fair is the perfect place to network and get work.
9 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday, April 30, 2021
SCC College Center
"Best I have ever visited. Well done!"
"This job fair gave me the tools to start a career with a potential company. Thanks."
"An awesome experience and I truly enjoyed it and made some excellent contacts."
Students, alumni and surrounding community – you're all officially welcome to the SCC Job Fair. Come and see what the future holds for you!
Check out the Job Fair Web page, or call 636-922-8244 for more information.
Stop by the Career Services office for extra help.
We'll not only tell you about the latest info from potential employers, we'll teach you how to write your resume and nail your interview. Job search assistance is a free service for SCC students and alumni. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 636-922-8244 to schedule an appointment.
Job Search Websites
Many jobs are posted online through job search websites or company websites. We recommend that you use networking (in person and online) in combination with job search websites to find job opportunities. Here are just some of the many job search websites available.
- Career Builder http://www.careerbuilder.com/
- College Central Network www.collegecentral.com/stchas – The online job board for St. Charles Community College students and alumni. You can search for jobs as well as post your resume so that employers can search for you.
- CollegeGrad.com http://www.collegegrad.com/
- Glassdoor.com www.glassdoor.com – Lots of good information about companies
- Idealist.org www.idealist.org
- Indeed.org http://indeed.com
- Internships.com https://www.internships.com/
- LinkedIn.com https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/
- LiveCareer.com http://www.livecareer.com
- Monster http://www.monster.com/
- USAJobs.com http://www.usajobs.com/ – The official job site of the U.S. federal government.
- ZipRecruiter https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/search
- Missouri Career Center http://jobs.mo.gov/
- STLToday http://www.stltoday.com/jobs – St. Louis' #1 online job resource.
- MetroStLouisJobs.com http://www.metrostlouisjobs.com/ – Includes job openings, search tips and useful facts about the St. Louis market.
- Accounting Jobs http://www.accountingjobshelp.com
- Careers in Business http://www.careers-in-business.com
- Sports Industry Careers www.teamworkonline.com
Job Postings Disclaimer
The job opportunities listed by SCC are for information only. St. Charles Community College does not evaluate employment or internship sites for ADA, safety or other compliance criteria, and is not responsible for practices and policies at these sites. SCC is not responsible for the actions of individuals applying for or subsequently employed at these sites.
The college reserves the right to determine which jobs are posted.