Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Ask for Help
Use this handy tool to learn about salaries for specific careers in the area you expect to work.
Due to concerns around COVID-19, SCC Career Services is working remotely. You can access our services by calling 636-922-8244 or emailing email@example.com. A Career Counselor is available to help you Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Friday 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Limited in-person appointments are available during the fall 2020 semester.
You've got a bright future ahead of you.
Keep cultivating your values, skills and interests. They're important. What else is important? A meeting with your career counselor at SCC. She's going to help you put those values, skills and interests to good use.
Schedule an appointment today to learn more about college majors and potential career paths. Become a success story!
Completing these tests is only the beginning, of course. Your career counselor will help you to interpret the results, and then review lists of careers that match. You'll be given various resources so you can research information about majors and careers, and after researching potential careers, we can help you shadow a professional.
Career counseling is free for currently enrolled SCC students and alumni. This service is also available for non-SCC students for a fee of $75. Appointments with non-SCC students will be conducted remotely through Zoom.
Make your appointment with an SCC career counselor by contacting us at 636-922-8244 or at 636-922-8243 or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linking Majors With Careers
Did you know that choosing your major does not necessarily mean choosing your career? Oftentimes, an academic major can lead to a variety of careers. There are many websites that can help you explore careers and majors which are aptly named "What Can I Do With a Major In ...?"
Career Information Websites
Looking for information about careers? Then look no further than these helpful websites:
- Career One Stop http://www.careeronestop.org/
- CareerPath http://www.careerpath.com
- Chegg Career Match https://www.careermatch.com/job-prep/
- College Grad http://www.collegegrad.com/careers
- Learn How to Become http://www.learnhowtobecome.org/
- My Next Move http://www.mynextmove.org
- Occupational Outlook Handbook http://www.bls.gov/ooh/
- Live Careers https://www.livecareer.com/career/advice/jobs/choosing-major
- Salary Information http://www.salary.com
- U.S. Department of Labor http://www.onetonline.org/find
Fire Science Careers
- Explore Health Careers http://explorehealthcareers.org/en/home
- Missouri Health Careers http://missourihealthcareers.com/
- Nurse Career Tips www.nursecareertips.com
- Nursing Schools Path www.nursingschoolspath.com
- RN to BSN www.rntobsn.org/careers