Current High School/Recent Graduate 

Apply Now!

Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.

Apply Now!

Schedule a Visit!

Find out if SCC passes your test. See first-hand the first-rate experience you can have here.

Take a Tour

Financial Aid

See all the options that make SCC affordable for all.

Financial Aid

You did it, or you soon will.

Graduating from high school, or getting your GED or HiSET certificate, is no small feat.


And enrolling at SCC is a step towards a career you can be proud of. In just two years, you could leave prepped and ready with an associate degree. Or, if you're like most SCC students, you'll have your gen eds behind you and sprint to the finish at a traditional four-year college or university.

If you are looking to get a jump on credits, you may want to dual-enroll in college classes – an option for high school juniors and seniors. Just check out the Steps to Dual Enroll at SCC and you're on your way.

Here's what you need to know to apply:

  1. You can apply any time during the year.
  2. First, you'll need to complete an Application for Admission. (A+ Scholarship student? Make sure you read this.)
  3. Apply for financial aid and scholarships. If you're receiving the A+ Scholarship, get in touch with the Financial Aid Office and let your academic counselor know. And as an A+ Scholarship student, you MUST SEE an academic counselor EACH time you add or drop a course.
  4. Take the Academic Skills Assessment.

    ACT PLACEMENT SCORE INFORMATION: If you achieved at least the following minimum ACT sub-test scores, congratulations - you are NOT required to take the Academic Skills Assessment for that subject.
    ACT score in English for automatic placement in ENG 101.
    ACT score in reading for a reading course not to be required.
    Use placement tool to determine your first math course

    Please bring a copy of your high school transcript and ACT scores with you in case they're not already loaded into our system.

  5. A couple of things you need to know:
    • If you placed high enough in one subject to waive the assessment test, but not in another, you'll need to take the assessment test for that particular subject area.
    • ACT Scores and High School GPA's are valid for three years.
  6. Schedule an appointment to meet with an academic counselor and register for classes. Together you'll review your test results and the counselor will help you select courses.
  7. Sign up for College 101 (COL 101) – Yeah, it's a thing. If you're a first-time freshman you'll need to take "College Success Seminar" (COL 101).

    Students who withdraw from COL 101 will have a "hold" put on their registration for the following semester. For all the details, go to Academic Counseling.
  8. Pay tuition and fees in full. You'll be dropped from all of your courses if you fail to pay your tuition in full by the due date, so read this closely:
  9. Get your picture ID and parking tag.
  10. Buy your textbooks.
  11. Login to mySCC portal. This is where you'll access student tools like Canvas, CougarMail, Tech Help Desk and SCC Connection (grades, GPA, register for classes, etc.). You can also find campus announcements, news and events in the portal.

Dual-Enrolled High School Student

High school juniors or seniors may enroll in college-level classes and start earning college credit. The credits earned will be recorded on an SCC transcript and may be used to fulfill degree requirements at SCC or at a transfer institution's discretion.

Requirements to be eligible for dual enrollment:

  • Must have the written permission from your high school counselor or principal.
  • Have at least a 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) high school grade point average. (Some high school districts require a higher GPA to participate.)
  • Students enrolled in 6 credit hours or in math or English courses are required to complete the SCC Assessment.
  • The signature of an SCC counselor for registration your first semester in dual enrollment.
  • A completed dual enrollment application form is required every semester of enrollment.

Dual Enrollment Registration Process:

  1. Complete an Application for Admission
  2. Complete a Dual Enrolled Application
  3. Take the Academic Skills Assessment

ACT Placement Score Information

If you achieved at least the minimum score on the ACT sub-tests listed below, you are NOT required to take the Academic Skills Assessment.

English – ACT 21 = English Composition I

English – ACT 27 = English Composition II

Reading – ACT 18 = No Reading Required

Math – Use our online placement tool to place your into your ACT score and high school GPA to determine what math class (up to College Algebra - MAT 158) . 

If you placed high enough in one subject area to waive the assessment test but not in another subject area, you will need to take the assessment test for 'that' particular subject area.

Please bring a copy of your ACT scores in case the college does not have your scores loaded in our system.

If you do not have a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED or HiSET), you may be admitted to SCC with an Ability to Benefit status.

  1. Meet with an Admissions Counselor and register for classes –636-922-8600 or online appointment scheduling.

    Your test results will be reviewed with you by an academic counselor, and the counselor will help you select your courses. A limit of 6 credit hours may be taken each semester. A signature of an SCC counselor is required for registration the first semester.

    Developmental courses or physical education courses ARE NOT available to dual-enrolled or home-schooled students until your high school curriculum is completed.
  2. If you want to take developmental courses (courses below 100 level), physical education courses or would like to take more than 6 credit hours, you must write a letter of appeal explaining your situation to the dean of academic advising and transfer services. Letters of support from your principal or high school counselor will be necessary. Any other exception that is unique to your situation must also be addressed in this manner.
  3. Under Age 16? You will need to contact the dean of academic advising and transfer services (636-922-8477) who will review your placement scores to determine if you placed into college-level coursework.
  4. Pay Tuition and Fees in Full. You will be dropped from all of your courses if you fail to pay your tuition in full by the due date. Save time and pay online via mySCC.
  5. Obtain Picture ID and Parking Tags.
  6. Buy Textbooks.
SCC logo

4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive
Cofttleville, MO 63376

© 2018 St. Charles Community College.