Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
On Your Mark. Get Set. Go.
SCC is the perfect place to begin your athletic collegiate career. We have six National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) athletic programs. Baseball and softball are Division I affiliates, men’s and women’s soccer are Division II affiliates and our Co-Ed Men’s and Women’s Cross Country/Track & Field is a Division III affiliate. Athletic aid and scholarship are available to select Division I & II program student-athletes.
Or take a run at walking on – open tryouts are held for each sport, too. That sound you hear now is the roar of the crowd as you enter ... the SCC admissions process.
Sure, it's just the administrative staff, but we're really happy you're going to be a Cougar.
Want to Be a Cougar? Let’s begin the process and apply!
- You can apply for admission to SCC at any time.
- First, you'll need to complete an Application for Admission.
- Second, Apply for financial aid and scholarships. If you're receiving the A+ Scholarship, speak with the Financial Aid Office. (A+ Scholarship student? Make sure you read this.)
- Schedule an appointment with an athletic academic counselor and register for classes. Together you will review your available test results and select your new courses.
- Sign up for College 101 (COL 101) – Yeah, it's a thing. If you're a first-time freshman you're required to take "College Success Seminar" (COL 101).
- Next, Take the Academic Skills Assessment and View the SCC placement tool.
- Pay tuition and fees in full. You'll be dropped from all of your courses if you fail to pay your tuition in full by the due date.
- You can save time by paying online via mySCC.)
- If you are receiving an athletic scholarship, you are required to only pay those tuition/fees not covered by your scholarship.
- Get your picture ID and parking tag.
- Buy your textbooks.
- Login to mySCC portal. This is where you'll access student tools like Canvas, CougarMail, Tech Help Desk and SCC Connection (grades, GPA, register for classes, etc.).
- Communicate with your coach to let them know you completed all the steps above.