Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
New Student Checklist
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
A quick education on becoming a Cougar.
- Complete an Application for Admission. If you're an A+ Scholarship student, make sure you read this: Critical Information. Because, well, it's critical. Says so right there.
- Apply for Financial Assistance and Scholarships.
(A+ Scholarship students, you'll need to get and stay in touch with the Financial Assistance Office and your academic counselor. You're required to see an Academic Counselor each time you add or drop courses.)
- Take the Academic Skills Assessment.
ACT PLACEMENT SCORE INFORMATION: If you achieved at least the following minimum ACT sub-test scores, congratulations - you are NOT required to take the Academic Skills Assessment for that subject.21ACT score in English for automatic placement in ENG 101.18ACT score in reading for a reading course not to be required.Use placement tool to determine your first math course
Please bring a copy of your high school transcript and ACT scores with you in case they're not already loaded into our system.
A couple of things you need to know:
- If you placed high enough in one subject to waive the assessment test, but not in another, you'll need to take the assessment test for that particular subject area.
- ACT Scores and High School GPA's are valid for three years.
Once you've been admitted to SCC, you can save time and pay online via mySCC.
Tuition/Fee information. In-District and Out-of-District Information.