Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
St. Charles Community College to launch Weekend College in 2020
Beginning in the spring 2020 semester, St. Charles Community College will launch the Weekend College, a college’s new, affordable weekend program to help students accelerate their education or embark on a new career path without sacrificing their weekday work hours.
Weekend College will feature several Friday and Saturday classes, along with certificate options. SCC plans to expand the program with additional classes and certificates, as well as associate degrees, in future semesters.
“The program is a great opportunity for part-time or full-time students to obtain a more flexible class schedule,” said Lauren Dickens, associate dean of workforce and industry programs. “The Weekend College can also assist working professionals in achieving higher pay by obtaining professional credentials.”
Weekend College options starting in January 2020:
- Programming and IT Project Management Certificate (6 month program)
- Desktop Support – Certificate of Specialization (12 month program)
- Courses, including:
- Art – 2-D Design
- Art – Color Theory
- Art – Drawing I
- Art – Event Photography
- Biology – Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology
- Biology – Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology Lab
- Biology – Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology II
- Biology – Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology II Lab
- Business Technology – Microcomputer Applications
- Chemistry – Introduction to Chemistry
- Chemistry – Introduction to Chemistry Lab
- Communications – Oral Communications
- English – Composition I
- English – Developmental Writing II
- History – U.S. History Since 1877
- Psychology – Introduction to Psychology
Many classes will be offered in a hybrid format, combining in-class and online courses.
To learn more, visit stchas.edu/weekendcollege.
St. Charles Community College strives to provide reasonable accommodations to all people at any SCC-sponsored event. Please contact Disability Support Services at email@example.com or 636-922-8581 as early as possible to discuss your needs.
St. Charles Community College is a public, comprehensive two-year community college with associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities. For more information, visit www.stchas.edu.