Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Men of Color: Student Success Program
The Men of Color: Student Success Program is a new program at SCC specifically designed to support you as you navigate through the college experience and into a life of success. We know when you are supported as individuals, your college experience will be more successful.
Starting this year, we are inviting area high school students to be a part of this unique and powerful program, which includes financial scholarships, academic support, social engagement, mentorship and connections with successful community leaders.
Through the Men of Color: Student Success Program, you will be:
- Empowered: we are here to help you succeed
- Equipped: financial, academic and social support will be available to you throughout your SCC experience
- Engaged: join multicultural student groups or take advantage of internship opportunities
- Encouraged: our student, academic and professional mentors will guide you along the way
Men of Color: Student Success Summit was held on Feb. 26, 2021. Individuals who attended the summit got the chance to engage with nationally-renowned speakers on topics that mattered to them and learnt more about the Men of Color: Student Success Program. The summit was opened to all men of color from area high schools, whether or not they were interested in participating in the program.
Men of Color: Student Success Program Benefits
- You are awarded a scholarship worth $1,000.
- You will be connected with a personal mentor, if not more than one. Our mentors are business and community leaders, faculty and staff, and student leaders.
- As a collegial group, Men of Color: Student Success Program students will move through their college experience together, supported by comprehensive support services and engagement activities to further assure success.
- Once you complete your associate degree, scholarship opportunities will be identified, and personal connections will be made with our university partners for encouraging students to complete a bachelor’s degree.
If you’d like more information about he program, Click Here
If you’d like to apply for the Men of Color: Student Success Program, Click Here
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THE PROGRAM
Please use a google chrome browser to complete your application.
1.Press the "Click Here" button after the "If you’d like to apply for the Men of Color: Student Success Program,"
2.Type answers directly into the appropriate blanks in the form.
3.Download completed form: Press the download button at the top right corner of the browser, (beside the print icon).
4.Select "with changes" from the drop-down menu.
5.Save the pdf on your computer.
6.Click on the email address in the form: email@example.com .
7. Attach the completed document as well as your required “Letter of Recommendation” to the email. Be sure both documents are attached before submitting your application.
8.Type: “MOC APPLICATION” in the email Subject Line.
9.Hit the send button before 5:00pm, May 19, 2021.
The deadline to receive applications for this Program is May 19th 2021.