Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Tuition & Payment
Complete your FAFSA
A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be filed to determine your eligibility. Use SCC's school code – 017027.
8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
A handy guide to the down-and-dirty details of paying your way.
Keep in mind – all tuition and fees must be paid on or before the announced due dates (see the academic calendar for dates!)
There are additional fees assessed for specific majors, laboratories, individualized lessons, and some distance-learning course formats. You'll also have to pay for specialized testing. It's not because we don't like you – these actually cost the college more to provide!
|In-District Students||Out-of-District In-State Students||Out-of-State/International Students|
|$103/credit hour||$154/credit hour||$216/credit hour|
|$118/online credit hour||$169/online credit hour||$231/online credit hour|
|Defined as someone whose residence is within the boundaries of St. Charles County.
Foristell students should confirm with the College's Admissions Office whether their address is within St. Charles County. Students who live in areas of Foristell that are outside the boundaries of St. Charles County will be charged Out-of-District rates.
|We know, it sounds like Dr. Seuss.
But it means a person whose residence is in
|International students holding any of the following visas:
Pricing effective as of 17/SU
|Course Fees||Listed in class schedule|
|Technology Fee||$8/credit hour|
|Nursing/Allied Health Fee||$825/semester||For students enrolled in certain Nursing and Allied Health programs.|
|Science Lab Fee||$40||Per science course with a lab component.|
|Art Studio Fee||$35||Per art course with a studio component.|
|ESL Lab Fee||$10||Per ESL course with a lab component.|
|Graduation Fee||$30-$50||$30 during regular application period; $50 during late application period.|
|Departmental Exam Fee||$103|
|Additional Copy of Assessment Score||$1||Request in Assessment Center.|
|Senior Discount||Missouri resident 65 or older?
|Missouri Returning Heroes Act||To comply with the Missouri Returning Heroes Act:
Combat veteran defined as any person who:
|Active Duty Military, Veterans and Eligible Dependents using VA Benefits||Questions about eligibility? See the Veterans Benefits page.|
Third Party Registration and Payment
Registering for or making a payment for a student? You'll need to be listed on an Authorization for Third Party Registration and Payments form completed by the student.
Find the form here: Authorization for Third Party Registration and Payments
You can also pick one up in the Enrollment Services or Academic Counseling offices!
Alternative Payment Plan
Need to extend payments? We've contracted with an outside vendor so you can. Here's the scoop: Nelnet program info.
Tuition Refund Policy
Per Board Policy 417, the tuition refund policy is:
- If you withdraw from a credit course or from SCC during the first three weeks after the start of the semester, a refund will be processed based on the withdrawal date.
- If you withdraw from a credit course or from SCC, you may receive a tuition refund for that session or semester if an Add-Drop
Form iscompleted and filed with Enrollment Services within a specified time, or if you withdraw through SCC Connection. The date of the Add-Drop Form or the date of the online drop is used to determine the refund amount.
|Percentage of Refund||Time Frame of Refund|
|100%||Day 1-7 of semester|
|80%||Day 8-14 of semester|
|60%||Day 15-21 of semester|
NOTE: Refund amounts are determined by specific dates within each semester for all classes, and are prorated for courses less than 16 weeks long.
A full refund of tuition and fees is made if the college cancels a scheduled class.
How to Pay for Classes
Registering online gives you lots of options for paying: online, by mail or in person!
- The quickest, easiest way to pay for classes at SCC
Paying by Mail
- Pay by check. Don't send cash (for your protection)! Make checks payable to St. Charles Community College.
- Write your student ID number on your check. If the name on the check is different than the student name, make sure you write the student's name on it, too.
- Checks must include an imprinted name and include a phone number with area code. Sorry, we can't accept bank starter checks. No two-party checks, either.
- Checks must be for the exact amount and must be received by the Cashier's Office by the announced deadline.
- Mail to:
- St Charles Community College
4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive
Cottleville, MO 63376-2865
- St Charles Community College
- Your canceled check is your receipt.
- There is a $20 fee charged for each check returned by the bank. Returned checks may be turned over to a collection agency, and you may be removed from classes.
Paying in Person
- Same process as paying by mail, except we get to see you face to face. Just bring your check to the Cashier's Office or deposit in the drop box next to it.
- We do accept cash, but only if you're paying in person.
- You can pay by credit card – we take Visa, MasterCard, and Discover!
Change of Address
Any change of address that changes your residency rates must be submitted before the first day of class during the semester the change takes place.
You'll need to show proof of residency with the address change information!