Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At SCC, you'll find a full array of student activities, services and programs that add up to everything you come to college for - to grow as a student and a person
We are all different, unique individuals
We may not all have the same opportunities or resources from which to move forward, so some may need different consideration than others
YOU BELONG, and your individual voice is needed and valued
At SCC, we value DIVERSITY in all forms:
We are individuals, and we are part of a greater collective of people learning and working together. When we value one another's uniqueness, we gain a broader view of the world.
Our role, as educators and education support professionals is to assure that you, our student, are well positioned for success in a diverse, global world. That means learning to discuss even debate differences of position, while maintaining a culture of mutual respect.
We trust that you will seek to make the most of your time here at SCC to reach out to new people who may be different than you. It is when we learn more about one another that we grow as an individual.
At SCC, we value Diversity in ALL forms:
BRIDGE - BRidging Inclusion, Diversity and Global Education
You are invited to attend BRIDGE committee meetings anytime. We meet every third Thursday of the month during the Fall and Spring semesters. The committee is charged with the execution of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Plan.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Plan - 2018-2021 Goals:
- Increase success and retention rates of SCC racial minority student groups
- Close the gap toward a more diverse SCC faculty and staff, to mirror student population
- Provide a welcoming, inclusive, multicultural SCC student campus experience
- Better prepare SCC students for a global society by facilitating experiential understanding through cross-culturally interactive opportunities
- Increase recruitment of non-dominant students through increased communications of SCC as a welcoming, diverse, inclusive and equitable campus in which to learn and work