MAT 098 Beginning Algebra
Exit Skills for Math 098
- Review fractions, order of operations, simplifying expressions, real numbers and the number line, real number operations and real number properties.
- Solve linear equations and their applications.
- Solve linear inequalities and their applications.
- Graph linear equations in two variables on the coordinate plane.
- Simplify expressions using the properties of exponents.
- Express numbers in scientific notation and perform calculations.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide polynomials.
- Factor polynomials (GCF, grouping, trinomials and special product forms).
- Solve quadratic equations and their applications.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide rational expressions.
- Solve equations with rational expressions and their applications.
Additional Exit Skills for MAT 098 – Combined
- Find the slope of a line.
- Write an equation of a line.
- Simplify complex fractions.
Additional Exit Skills for MAT 098 – Traditional
- Find the solution to a system of linear equations.
- Simplify and perform operations with radical expressions (square roots).
- Solve quadratic equations by using the quadratic formula.