Interview a Business Person
General Education Capstone Course
Event Details and Guideline Form
Event experience Title: Interview a Business Person
Gen. Ed. Category Event should be listed under: Multicultural/Valuing
SCC Competency addressed by event:
Multicultural/Valuing: 1) Students should be able to identify, analyze and articulate their own values as well as those of others and recognize how these values affect opinions, decisions, and behaviors.
Managing Information: 1) Frame appropriate questions and recognize the need for information.
Guidelines for accomplishment of event
- Identify a business or organization.
- Identify the owner, CEO, ethics officer, or privacy officer.
- Contact the person identified above, make an appointment, and interview them.
- Create a series of questions to ask in the interview including the following
- What are the values or ethics of the business?
- How do you use those values in making decisions?
- Who contributed to establishing those values?
- Does the organization have a code of ethics or code of conduct?
- Are there external organizations that influence the values? In what way?
- Report the answers to your interview questions.
- How do the values demonstrated in the answers relate to your own (student’s) values and behavior?
Contact information available on the SCC Sophomore Portfolio (Capstone) website.
SCC Event Creator: Nancy Greenwood
FOR FACULTY USE ONLY:
Did essay fulfill SCC competency? YES NO PARTIALLY
Did essay fulfill event guidelines? YES NO PARTIALLY